Case Filed Over Attack on Nasiruddin Patwary

Collected Photo
A case has been filed over the attack on Nasiruddin Patwary, the chief organizer of NCP. The case was lodged at Jhenaidah Sadar Police Station on Friday night, naming eight individuals and accusing around 110 to 115 unidentified persons.
Jhenaidah Sadar Police Station Officer-in-Charge Asaduzzaman confirmed the matter.
Earlier on Friday, the attack took place after Jummah prayers when Patwary exited the Pouro Collector Jame Mosque located opposite the Deputy Commissioner’s residence in Jhenaidah.
Following the incident, the NCP leader said in a verified Facebook post at around 3:00 pm that activists of Chhatra Dal and Jubo Dal launched the attack in the presence of police immediately after he left after offering Jummah prayers.
Describing the incident, he alleged that attackers first threw eggs and bricks, followed by a sudden assault with hockey sticks. He said three people were injured with head wounds and several others also sustained injuries. He further claimed that he was punched and kicked, and that attackers snatched mobile phones, cameras, and wallets.
Referring to legal action, Patwary said in another post that he was staying at the police station and preparing to file a case, while also alleging that Chhatra Dal, Jubo Dal, and BNP were gathering in front of the police station for another attack.
Later in the evening, he accused the police of refusing to accept the case in a Facebook post. Around 7:00 pm, NCP leaders staged a protest in front of Jhenaidah Sadar Police Station. About an hour later, at around 8:00 pm, police confirmed that the case had been accepted.




